Personal Accident Insurance
Cover has been arranged with RSA that will pay a lump sum benefit to any player, coach, referee or official who suffers a permanently disabling injury whilst participating in rugby. Cover whilst travelling to and/or from rugby is included.
Benefits (for injuries other than catastrophic traumatic brain or spinal cord injury) include:
- Death - £50,000 (£20,000 for under 16s)
- Permanent total disability from your usual occupation - £50,000
- Permanent total disability from any occupation - £300,000
- Loss of two limbs/eyes/hearing in both ears - £100,000
- Loss of one limb/eye/hearing in one ear - £25,000
- Hospitalisation - £25 for each full 24 hours spent in hospital, up to £1,000 maximum
N.B. In the event of a disabling injury, only the largest eligible benefit will be paid.
Catastrophic traumatic brain or spinal cord injuries are subject to a different benefit scheme, up to £300,000, augmented by the support provided by the RFU Injured Players Foundation.
A copy of the policy wording is available from Howden.